- 6 oz firm tofu
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or oil of choice
- 2 medium tomatoes (about 1 cup)
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- ½ small red onion (about ¼ cup)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tsp turmeric
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
- Slice tofu in 6 slices, lay on paper towels and blot with paper towels additional paper towels to remove moisture. You can let tofu sit to dry while preparing other ingredients.
- Dice tomatoes and onion. Shred carrots or buy shredded carrots. Cut tofu in small cubes. Heat oil in a saucepan on medium heat, add onion and carrots. After they get tender, about 5 minutes add tomatoes and tofu. Cook another 5 minutes and add turmeric. After turmeric is blended in, add spinach (it will shrink quite a bit). Continue cooking for another 5 minutes or until spinach is wilted and everything is well mixed, add seasoning. It will resemble scrambled eggs.
Serves 2. 235 calories, 22 grams carbs, 7 grams fiber, 14.5 grams protein per serving