I like making a large batch of this versatile chicken recipe to use throughout the week. You can wrap it in a whole wheat tortilla or put it on top of a salad. I have even mixed the shredded chicken with brown rice or quinoa and put it in a bell pepper to make stuffed peppers. The best part is how easy it is to make.
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup salsa
- Place the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker
- In a small bowl, stir together the cumin, chili powder, and cayenne pepper, along with the salt and pepper.
- Pour the seasoning mixture over the chicken. Add the salsa and stir to coat the chicken.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 7 hours.
- When you are ready to eat, shred the chicken with 2 forks. Another tip is to shred chicken with a hand mixer. Stir to incorporate salsa and serve.