These muffins do double duty. Not only will they satisfy a sweet craving, they also provide a serving of fruit and veggies at the same time! The added bonus is, if you don’t tell anybody what’s in them, they’ll never know!
- Preheat oven to 350° F for mini muffins or 375° F for full size muffins.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together flours, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Soften butter.
- In a mixer or another bowl, mix the sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla. Beat well.
- In a food processor, combine steamed broccoli, zucchini, apple, banana, apple juice, and applesauce. Pulse until mixed.
- Shred carrots. If you don’t want the shreds in your muffin, combine with rest of fruits and veggies in food processor.
- Combine the fruit and veggie puree, carrots (unless you already added them to the puree), and yogurt, into the wet ingredient mixture (sugar/butter/eggs) and beat until well mixed.
- Finally, add the dry ingredients and mix.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Fill each spot about ¾ of the way full.
- For mini muffins, Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes. For full size muffins, Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes.
Latest posts by Heather Irwin, MS, RD, LDN (see all)
- Lettuce Not Forget to Eat Our Veggies - February 27, 2023
- How to Practice Intuitive Eating Over the Holidays - November 25, 2022
- The Great Pumpkin - September 28, 2022