August is one of the best months for sweet, juicy fruit, and it’s hard to decide which one to feature. So we’re mixing things up a little and combining two of our favorites!
- 4 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 6 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pinch nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature and cut into chunks
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix peaches, blackberries, ¼ cup sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice in bowl. Pour mixture into greased 9×13.
- In separate bowl, mix together flour, oats, brown sugar, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Add butter, mixing with fork or fingers to create pea-sized lumps. Add pecans and mix with hands.
- Sprinkle topping over fruit mixture. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until bubbling and golden brown on top.