If I had to describe what spring/summer would taste like, it would be this salad. For your next party or backyard BBQ, this would be the perfect addition. This is also a great side dish for a weeknight meal or meal prep for lunches for the week.
Lemon Herb Orzo Salad
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked orzo
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody stems snapped off
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil plus 1 teaspoon
- 8 radishes, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup mint
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup defrosted peas or fresh peas blanched in boiling water for 1 minute
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook orzo 8-10 minutes until al dente. Drain, rinse with cool water and set aside.
- Toss asparagus with 1 teaspoon olive oil, season with salt and pepper and spread evenly on a large baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes until tender and golden. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Toss orzo with radishes, dill, scallions, mint, chickpeas, peas, and feta. Chop asparagus into 1 inch pieces and add to the orzo salad.
- Whisk together 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and season with salt and pepper. Toss orzo salad with the dressing. Serve cold or at room temperature.