Why is Nutrition in the Elementary School so IMPORTANT?
- Kids need a variety of calories and nutrients for energy, focus, brain development, and overall growth
- Picky eating leads to limited nutrient intake and deficiencies
- Statistics show one in three children are obese
- Disordered eating patterns typically develop during the teen years starting as early as late elementary school
- Kids have more choices when it comes to their diets in school (selecting lunch options and snacks)
- Kids are starting to become more independent at home by preparing their own after-school snacks
- Nutrition education may not be part of the current health curriculum
Eat the Rainbow Assembly
This interactive lecture allows children to participate in categorizing foods as "everyday" foods or "once-in-a-while" foods, identify the parts of the body that are impacted by nutrients, and personally create healthy after-school snacks (recipes included.)
If you're interested in having a nutrition assembly at your school, please fill out the form below and someone will be in touch shortly.
Cost for Assemblies
$650 for up to 350 students.
Discounts are available for multiple assemblies.
Terms and conditions apply.