- 2 ½ pounds peeled root vegetables, like beets, carrots, turnips, and radishes, cut into ¼-inch cubes
- ¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan
- 6 cups water or low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 cup quick-cooking polenta
- Black pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a large baking sheet, toss vegetables with 2 Tbsp. olive oil and ¼ tsp. salt. Roast until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, bring water or stock, polenta, and ½ tsp. salt to a boil, whisking constantly. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 10 minutes, whisking often. Whisk in cheese and season with pepper to taste.
- In a food processor, pulse garlic until minced; add kale, pine nuts, lemon juice, and remaining
¼ tsp. salt and pulse until finely chopped. With machine running, drizzle in remaining ¼ cup olive oil and process until pureed.
- Spoon polenta into 4 shallow serving bowls and top each with a swirl of pesto. Add roasted vegetables and a dollop of pesto to each bowl.
Source: Shape Magazine
Latest posts by Bodymetrix Nutrition (see all)
- Spaghetti Squash Steak Bowls - February 28, 2023
- Farro and Roasted Vegetable Salad - February 28, 2023
- Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake - January 31, 2023