Here is a healthier twist to one of my favorite Christmas cookies. This recipe uses less sugar than the traditional recipe, and replaces peanut butter with almond butter. You can still choose to use peanut butter, or any other nut butter, just make sure it is one that is all natural and contains no hydrogenated oils.
1/4 cup sugar (plus extra for rolling dough in)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup almond butter
1 1/2 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
30 Hershey kisses
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Cream together sugar, brown sugar, almond butter, and egg.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add dry ingredients into butter and sugar mixture and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Roll each dough ball into sugar and place on an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes. Immediately press one chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie.
- Transfer to a cooling rack.
Adapted from www.3scoopsofsugar.com